In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Do we identify safe shelters and pack up our valuables ready to go anytime at a moment's notice?
- The pace of reforms has not increased since it came to power last year, and is not likely to do so anytime soon.
- It is unlikely they will see dividends anytime over the next five years, said Mr Horgan.
- I can't imagine a project of this scope being done again anytime soon, so it needed to be acknowledged.
- Endeavour to give me your private telephone and fax numbers so that I can reach you anytime.
- But as the school is at a house, she could see me anytime she was out of the classroom.
- Of course other people are welcome to take a stroll through Rotary Park anytime they want.
- Winchester north was set aside as a fifth reserve site, which could be used anytime after 2001.
- If you hear a song you like, you just record it onto a tape and then you can play it anytime you want!
- The plan allows withdrawals in parts at anytime after the completion of first policy year.
- I don't know what the landlord will say, but they won't be receiving any cheques anytime soon.
- Russia is not a member of the European Union and is not likely to join it anytime soon.
- Local people have to close their windows anytime the wind is coming from the north, he added.
- This is a scene that gets played out anytime she's mad at me and is by God going to show me.
- Laura had a bad habit of biting her nails and told Sara to hit her anytime she caught her.
- On top of that, sports officials should give athletes a bonus anytime they break a record.
- They even made up a little skit to go along with it and would put on a show anytime we had company.
- Well, frankly, it's anytime I want it to be, which is dependent on how hungry I am for it.
- Rather, just one of those tragic moments which can blight people's lives anywhere, anytime.
- It's a safe bet that we can now turn on the tube anytime in the day and will find decent sports programming.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.