In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Blood exits the heart from the left ventricle into the thoracic aorta, then into the abdominal aorta.
- The most common sites include the abdominal aorta and the arteries at the base of the brain.
- He died of massive internal injuries, including the severing of his aorta - the main artery to his heart.
- The coronary arteries open from the beginning of the aorta and take blood to all parts of the heart tissue.
- He was stabbed three times, suffering a fatal wound to the aorta, the major blood vessel from the heart.
- The device in turn pumps the blood to the aorta, dispersing it to the rest of the body.
- Rabbit aortas and pig coronary arteries were used in this study.
- In an embryo, the aorta and the pulmonary artery are initially a single vessel.
- This is delivered by the coronary arteries, which are supplied with blood from the aorta.
- The pump device works by assisting the function of the left ventricle, improving blood supply to the aorta and so to the rest of the body.
- The main structures to consider in the umbilical area are the aorta and the pancreas.
- He had ended up cutting it so close to the aorta, the main blood vessel, there was dramatic and sudden blood loss.
- At this time, the surgeon begins to develop a dissection plane between the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- Most aortic aneurysms occur in the abdominal aorta, the main cause being arteriosclerosis.
- This meant that the aorta, the main artery that carries the blood away from his heart was cut.
- What they die of is called dissection of the aorta, the artery which leaves the heart to supply blood to the rest of the body.
- When the left ventricle contracts, it sends blood into the largest artery, the aorta.
- Cardiovascular infection usually occurs at the abdominal aorta or a cardiac valve.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.