In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Initially expected to make a satisfactory recovery from the head injury, she subsequently suffered a stroke that left her with aphasia, diminished cognitive abilities, and a seizure disorder.
- The stroke also caused a severe expressive aphasia, which left her able to say only two words.
- I'm mindful how fortunate I am that I recovered from aphasia, when for many people who have suffered brain damage the condition can be a permanent state of mind.
- I had not had seizures like this before - not with such severe aphasia, such an inability to ask for help and to help myself.
- He was able to map language centers in the brain by observing lesions in patients suffering from aphasia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.