In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pedir perdóndisculparsehe didn't even apologize — ni siquiera pidió perdón
- to apologize ( to sb) for sth
- we apologize for the delay/inconvenience — rogamos disculpen el retraso/las molestias
- you must apologize to her for being so rude — tienes que pedirle perdón por haber sido tan grosero
- I must apologize for my son — quisiera disculparme por el comportamiento de mi hijo
- She apologizes for being late, saying that she ‘miscalculated the traffic’.
- He never specifically admits wrongdoings, but if anyone was offended, he apologizes.
- This from a man who can't apologise for the big stuff he has got horribly wrong.
- It says even more when he apologizes to people whom he hasn't wronged, and doesn't apologize to those whom he has.
- If I scold her for something, most of the time she genuinely apologizes.
- There is nothing humble in living below our best, apologizing, as it were, for our existence.
- His staff are striving to find a form of words to allow him to express his regret without officially apologising for the debacle.
- We deeply regret that this ad ran and we apologize if some individuals have been offended by its content.
- He had taken a huge leap, seeking her out to apologize to her and admit that he had been wrong.
- Should he have mentioned that he was specifically apologizing to the alleged victim?
- At this point the first woman went beetroot red and began apologizing and stuttering something about not meaning any offence.
- Then the waitress came back and took the latte away, apologising for bringing me the wrong coffee.
- Humility has nothing to do with grovelling, or apologizing for one's existence.
- The family regrets and apologizes for the omission in the previous obituary.
- I informed him that I had come back to apologize for the wrong I had done, if he would permit me to do so.
- We deeply regret our misguided support and apologize for our previous email.
- He apologised to the victims who were injured, and regretted the consequences of his actions.
- We will apologize to those customers affected and regret this mistake.
- No one is charged, no one is apologizing and no one is certain what happens next.
- The webmaster was apologising to his readers for having printed wrong information.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.