In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1literary(finery)atavío masculine literary
- Skins were shipped overseas and worked into wallets, boots, jackets, and other apparel.
- He connects the apparels on the wrists 'with a miraculous legend of St. Martin.
- In Mexico, other shrinking sectors include shoes, tires, apparel and auto parts.
- Board members and clients meet at a table surrounded with examples of basketball shoes and other apparel.
- If you look at apparel, women are wearing more delicate colors, and pastels go along with the retro movements.
- My guess is that the apparels on the amice and alb are a hangover from more ornate times.
- Heavier weights for rugged apparel and outdoor gear include pack cloth and ballistic nylons.
- Thus, it is advisable for riders to wear motorcycle apparel to protect and comfort them.
- Trust Jane to wear totally inappropriate apparel for a stealth mission such as this.
- There are so many choices for lounge wear and intimate apparel.
- Colin's long hair was slicked back and he was dressed in semi-formal apparel.
- Yet another reason to avoid wearing skintight apparel is its lack of sex appeal.
- Many were even dressed in camouflaged military apparel with masks over their faces.
- Lambskin is a soft and supple leather generally used for jackets, pants and other fashion apparel.
- The thought of his roommate wearing such apparel sent blood rushing to his cheeks.
- If you're looking for the ultimate power apparel, start with the yellow jersey.
- He was wearing his training apparel as well but his sword was secured behind his back.
- The company now sells everything from yoga apparel to hockey gear to golf equipment.
- The market for sports shoes and apparel in China last year was worth some $3 billion.
- This is a site for those who like to wear loud golf apparel.
- The thread is then used by knitting mills to produce fabrics, which would in turn be used by the garment industry to produce apparel.
- Riders not only wear helmets, vests and other usual biker apparel but they also wear these tattoos and piercing.
2USBusinessropa femininesummer/men's apparel — ropa de verano/de caballero
- intimate apparel — prendas íntimas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.