In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This attitude results in early appendectomy in patients with clinical symptoms of appendicitis.
- The classic symptoms of appendicitis are abdominal pain, fever, loss of appetite, and vomiting.
- Well we've been talking about the waxing and waning of asthma and appendicitis.
- Already some smaller district hospitals are refusing to operate on children suffering from common conditions such as appendicitis.
- Both times I was in the surgical ward along with patients with relatively minor problems like haemorrhoids or appendicitis.
- A clinical diagnosis of acute appendicitis was made, and the patient was operated on the same day.
- Kevin was beginning to fear that he had some sort of rare, strange disease, like appendicitis or kidney stones, or maybe stomach ulcers.
- The pain is generally present without any palpation; for example, the painful abdomen associated with appendicitis.
- The symptoms of appendicitis can vary according to your child's age.
- An elevated white blood cell count has a low predictive value for appendicitis because it is present in a number of conditions.
- A hospital spokesman said that appendicitis was a common condition but to have two cases in the same family in such a short time was rare.
- The symptoms of appendicitis can vary, but they usually start with a pain in the middle of the abdomen, around the tummy button, that comes and goes.
- The appendix in man is medically important because of its propensity to become inflamed in the condition known as acute appendicitis.
- He is said to have extracted medicine from plants and treated diseases such as appendicitis, gout and arthritis.
- Its altered position would make symptoms of appendicitis difficult to determine in the future.
- Sometimes these symptoms are mistaken for the flu or appendicitis.
- For this reason, it may cover up the signs of overdose caused by other medicines or the symptoms of appendicitis.
- The initiating signal for this and all other forms of clinical appendicitis still remains elusive.
- Laxative use can be dangerous if constipation is caused by a serious condition such as appendicitis or a bowel obstruction.
- The clinical presentation in all 7 cases was an acute abdomen with florid acute appendicitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.