In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Anatomyapéndice masculineshe had her appendix removed — la operaron del apéndice / de apendicitis
- This is a rare tumour that usually affects the appendix or the small intestine.
- The myenteric plexus of appendices in children older than 3 years had thinner nerve branches and smaller ganglia than the colon specimens of the same age.
- I found the appendix normal, but next to the appendix there was a caecum which had very strange, greasy patches.
- The inside of the appendix forms a cul-de-sac that usually opens into the large intestine.
- A programme of testing several thousand pathological specimens of appendixes and tonsils was started.
2(in book)apéndice masculine
- The book concludes with detailed appendices, chapter notes, and a glossary.
- Six sections and six appendices comprise the 213 pages of the book.
- In the appendix to the chapter he suggests the standard deviation as a measure of risk.
- It is this omission which prompts question 5 as set out in the appendix to this judgment.
- These codes were set out in an appendix to the leaflet, as follows.
- Allegations against five other priests were included in an appendix to the report, published on Tuesday.
- Such lists may be long enough to be documents in their own right or published as works of reference, but most are appendices to books, articles, and dissertations.
- The link between assessment and practice has been made clearer throughout the book and important documentation formerly in appendices has been placed in the text.
- A list of categories of classified information was voted as an appendix to the act.
- His recipe for this amalgam is included as an appendix to the present book.
- The final section consists of seven appendices and extensive notes, an absorbing read in themselves.
- It is referred to in the appendix to the report, although it is not tabled as such.
- Those interested in the more arcane hagiographical matters will enjoy the appendices to this readable volume.
- Oral evidence was given by 27 witnesses whose names and employment are listed in an appendix to this decision.
- The book contains appropriate appendixes, which document the evolutionary improvement of tank formations, and excellent photographs, and maps that adequately depict the war.
- Below is an appendix to the first essay I'm working on mentioned in the previous post.
- In recognition of this we include a short appendix to Chapter 3 with some of the relevant elementary mathematics.
- I have reviewed this subject in accordance with my findings in an appendix to a work that I propose to publish when circumstances permit.
- There are two matters which I wish to add by way of an appendix to this judgment.
- In an appendix to Volume 2, the author addresses the question of how people were saved in Old Testament times before the coming of Christ.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.