nounPlural appendices, Plural appendixes
1Anatomyapéndice masculineshe had her appendix removed — la operaron del apéndice / de apendicitis
- This is a rare tumour that usually affects the appendix or the small intestine.
- The myenteric plexus of appendices in children older than 3 years had thinner nerve branches and smaller ganglia than the colon specimens of the same age.
- I found the appendix normal, but next to the appendix there was a caecum which had very strange, greasy patches.
- The inside of the appendix forms a cul-de-sac that usually opens into the large intestine.
- A programme of testing several thousand pathological specimens of appendixes and tonsils was started.
2(in book)apéndice masculine
- The book concludes with detailed appendices, chapter notes, and a glossary.
- Six sections and six appendices comprise the 213 pages of the book.
- In the appendix to the chapter he suggests the standard deviation as a measure of risk.
- It is this omission which prompts question 5 as set out in the appendix to this judgment.
- These codes were set out in an appendix to the leaflet, as follows.
- Allegations against five other priests were included in an appendix to the report, published on Tuesday.
- Such lists may be long enough to be documents in their own right or published as works of reference, but most are appendices to books, articles, and dissertations.
- The link between assessment and practice has been made clearer throughout the book and important documentation formerly in appendices has been placed in the text.
- A list of categories of classified information was voted as an appendix to the act.
- His recipe for this amalgam is included as an appendix to the present book.
- The final section consists of seven appendices and extensive notes, an absorbing read in themselves.
- It is referred to in the appendix to the report, although it is not tabled as such.
- Those interested in the more arcane hagiographical matters will enjoy the appendices to this readable volume.
- Oral evidence was given by 27 witnesses whose names and employment are listed in an appendix to this decision.
- The book contains appropriate appendixes, which document the evolutionary improvement of tank formations, and excellent photographs, and maps that adequately depict the war.
- Below is an appendix to the first essay I'm working on mentioned in the previous post.
- In recognition of this we include a short appendix to Chapter 3 with some of the relevant elementary mathematics.
- I have reviewed this subject in accordance with my findings in an appendix to a work that I propose to publish when circumstances permit.
- There are two matters which I wish to add by way of an appendix to this judgment.
- In an appendix to Volume 2, the author addresses the question of how people were saved in Old Testament times before the coming of Christ.