In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He and his students worked both in labs and on the computer with various physics applets.
- If you want to take a screenshot of the applications you are evaluating, using the screenshot applet is straightforward.
- Depending on your computer, certain applets already are placed on the panels, but several others may be added.
- Read the patent and you'll see it covers the use of embedded program objects, or applets within Web documents.
- In addition to the usual mail and address book applets it has a voice note recorder and a scribbling application.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.