In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1delete as applicable — táchese lo que no corresponda
- applicable to sb/sth
- this part's not applicable to you/us — esta parte no te/nos atañe
- none of the statutes is applicable to the case — ninguno de los estatutos es aplicable / pertinente al caso
- these regulations are only applicable to foreigners — estas normas se refieren / se aplican únicamente a los extranjeros
- This fact is applicable to all strata of society, but is more visible in the lower sections.
- There may be a number of cases in the future where it's just as applicable.
- It is accepted that this issue must be determined by the applicable law.
- Now for any theory to be generally acceptable, it must surely be universally applicable.
- Many claim that these verses are cultural and are therefore not applicable to our society.
- The opinion referred to a prior decision holding that courts were bound by the applicable customary law.
- We would lose the power to make decisions that are applicable to our economy.
- The crane was not thoroughly examined prior to assembly as required by the applicable regulations.
- You may purchase quantities at unit cost, plus the applicable sales tax for your shipping address.
- Many of the issues discussed are applicable to transfers within hospitals.
- I can see no good reason why the principle of necessity should not be applicable in his case as it is in the case of the victim of a stroke.
- Are such agreements no longer applicable when money is there to be made?
- I love this idea, and think it is applicable to far more than thinking about theology.
- It would seem that it has become a catch-all excuse and is employed even when not applicable.
- Thus the principle is applicable to any relevant amendment whatever its cause.
- There is little room for dispute between the parties over the principles of law applicable to a claim such as this.
- You may have noticed that these traits are just as applicable to your laptop as they are to a human being.
- The market will be focusing on any comments applicable to the sector as a whole.
- Now you will not have read this, so I am going to, as it were, just read out the bits which are applicable.
- Our own answer must be a universal one, applicable in principle to all comparable cases.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.