In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1delete as applicable — tache lo que no corresponda
- applicable to sb/sth
- this part's not applicable to you/us — esta parte no te/nos atañe
- none of the statutes is applicable to the case — ninguno de los estatutos es aplicable / pertinente al caso
- these regulations are only applicable to foreigners — estas normas se refieren / se aplican únicamente a los extranjeros
- Thus the principle is applicable to any relevant amendment whatever its cause.
- I love this idea, and think it is applicable to far more than thinking about theology.
- I can see no good reason why the principle of necessity should not be applicable in his case as it is in the case of the victim of a stroke.
- We would lose the power to make decisions that are applicable to our economy.
- Are such agreements no longer applicable when money is there to be made?
- There is little room for dispute between the parties over the principles of law applicable to a claim such as this.
- You may have noticed that these traits are just as applicable to your laptop as they are to a human being.
- This fact is applicable to all strata of society, but is more visible in the lower sections.
- Many of the issues discussed are applicable to transfers within hospitals.
- It is accepted that this issue must be determined by the applicable law.
- It would seem that it has become a catch-all excuse and is employed even when not applicable.
- Many claim that these verses are cultural and are therefore not applicable to our society.
- Now for any theory to be generally acceptable, it must surely be universally applicable.
- You may purchase quantities at unit cost, plus the applicable sales tax for your shipping address.
- There may be a number of cases in the future where it's just as applicable.
- The market will be focusing on any comments applicable to the sector as a whole.
- Our own answer must be a universal one, applicable in principle to all comparable cases.
- The opinion referred to a prior decision holding that courts were bound by the applicable customary law.
- The crane was not thoroughly examined prior to assembly as required by the applicable regulations.
- Now you will not have read this, so I am going to, as it were, just read out the bits which are applicable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.