In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for job)candidato masculinecandidata feminineaspirante femininepostulante masculine Southern Conethere were over a hundred applicants for the job — se presentaron más de cien postulantes al puesto Southern Cone
- applicants for patents should complete this form — los solicitantes de patentes / quienes soliciten patentes deberán rellenar este formulario
- For example, Dutch job applicants are apt to undersell themselves in the eyes of Americans.
- That is a lot of use to the applicant when the applicant is not in Australia, is it not?
- There was a ton of applicants, and the seven of us were the final cream skimmed off.
- The applicant has considered other sites and has rejected them all for different reasons.
- The applicants made no submissions on the law or facts in relation to this submission.
- The first stage of reducing the number of applicants for a job is to look at aspects such as loyalty.
- It's still legal in this country to exclude job applicants on grounds of age alone.
- He said there was always four to five applicants per Council house in the Tramore area.
- At interview, the applicant gave an account which he subsequently agreed was false.
- Both applicants have other jobs and all their spare time is spent on this farm.
- He felt this would be hard to solve as there seemed to be a large backlog of applicants.
- Secondly in support of their application the applicants have sought to allege actual use of the mark.
- At the moment they seem to have most of the say in planning; the applicants have no say.
- Present incumbents were required to compete with new applicants for these positions.
- If it really is a change for the worse, wouldn't the number of job applicants go down?
- It follows that there is a duty on the applicant to present the case against each respondent fairly.
- The company has promised to see all applicants who meet the specification for the vacant job.
- The applicant contends that the council acted unlawfully on a number of grounds.
- Admittedly the applicants contest the necessity of their arrest for that purpose.
- Now is the time to take stock and think about what needs to be done for customers, employees and job applicants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.