In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is a fair and thorough study that makes a significant contribution to applied Christian ethics and practical theology.
- Decision making has been a classic topic of academic research and applied practice.
- The results of this study have both applied and theoretical implications.
- The book is weaker in the chapters in which the authors examine the applied issues of legal pluralism.
- The program offers applied research experience that emerges from the student's professional environment.
- Set in place an early commitment to modernisation of agricultural practice by way of applied science.
- Other than for applied studies in a limited set of fields, research receives little attention or funding.
- We work on a mixture of applied and wacky theoretical stuff.
- Science and environmental studies support it, and applied health studies made course evaluations available to students this term.
- The overall goal was to introduce the students to both oral and written presentations of applied chemistry research.
- Factions within the party were hostile to antiquated academic privileges and promoted new forms of applied scientific research and practice.
- This hands-on learning experience was a first for the senior-level applied native studies class.
- One of its conclusions was that there was at present a continued need for animal experiments both in applied research and research aimed purely at extending knowledge.
- The way that speculation is discussed has generated a substantial literature in applied language study, with two important manifestations.
- Aside from econometrics, most women appear to do research in applied rather than theoretical issues.
- Academic councils devoted to the applied sciences and practical studies also tended to be better funded.
- The math, engineering, applied health studies and science faculties will be the primary beneficiaries of the funding.
- He practised an applied moral and social philosophy in his attitude towards technology.
- Extruding twice was done only to increase the concentration of food waste in the final mixture and is not recommended as an applied practice.
- It aims to promote basic and applied research in the medical sciences and biotechnology in Scotland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.