In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lingüística aplicada feminine
- It runs courses on theoretical and applied linguistics and holds research workshops.
- Two issues are addressed here: the scope of applied linguistics, and the social justice issue of police procedures for dealing with limited proficiency speakers of majority languages.
- If applied linguists were to take these accounts more seriously, applied linguistics might contribute more directly to improving the human condition.
- As well as coping with the stress of the show, Tony has been juggling his university course, an MA in applied linguistics with a full-time job as an administrator at a London further education college.
- The present paper illustrates the use of corpus-based analytical techniques to address a range of issues in applied linguistics.
- While negotiating for meaning has become extensively studied, negotiating as a speech event remains a curiously under researched area in applied linguistics.
- Since applied linguistics is concerned with language problems as experienced in the real world, it might appear that the two areas of enquiry in effect converge into one.
- She's earning her doctorate in German applied linguistics at Pennsylvania State University and taught English at Bellevue's City University.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.