In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sensiblementeperceptiblementeconsiderablementeit was appreciably cooler in the shade — hacía bastante más fresco en la sombra
- These variations can differ appreciably for different parties.
- This is appreciably larger than the numbers I put down.
- It is also important to note that, in general, south Indian society and economy are appreciably more dynamic than those of the north.
- Neither does he see any cause for concern in Ireland given that house prices have started to slow appreciably in the past 12 months.
- It is hard to find too many members of the European squad performing better now than 12 months ago: most are playing appreciably worse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.