In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de un oficio) aprendizaje masculineto serve an apprenticeship in sth — hacer el aprendizaje de algo
- They look at changes in costs of apprenticeships and trainees.
- Both students have signed up for apprenticeships and are looking forward to getting their hands dirty in their new careers.
- As a result, the students have won several awards or been offered apprenticeships.
- Training providers have low levels of recruitment, retention and pass rates and few trainees finish apprenticeships.
- At the end of their apprenticeships trainees became journeymen, fully skilled tradesmen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.