In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aproximadamenteapproximately ten years ago — hace unos diez años
- This was a result of a downpour of torrential rain which lasted approximately an hour and a half.
- In the end they held on, to go into the next round in approximately two weeks time.
- The property is situated on approximately three quarters of an acre of mature garden.
- She's wearing a dress so skimpy it's approximately the size of a tiny postage stamp.
- The walk will cover a distance of four miles taking approximately two hours to complete.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.