In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(rough calculation)aproximación feminine
- To compare behavioral responses among regions, we used Kruskal-Wallis tests, which use chisquare approximations.
- Simulations show that these approximations perform reasonably well over a surprisingly broad set of parameters.
- What he is talking about is not an approximation to the Golden Mean.
- Another weakness was that the assumed values for portion sizes, distributions of fish species in meals, and food contents of nutrients are only approximations to the true values.
- Here's a nice little political survey which gives you an approximation of where you are on the political spectrum.
- Their derivations will extend to cover the present cases, given the same approximations made above.
- First, the asymptotic results provide a very reasonable approximation for the velocity even for a much lower level of cooperativity.
- Therefore, as a first approximation, we considered all ionizable residues in their neutral forms.
- The data flow for each approximation mode is also shown.
- Most of the work in quantum mechanics was in the Galilean (or non-relativistic) approximation.
- The dense-map approximations are too conservative and thus result in power loss, while the sparse-map approximations tend to be too liberal.
- As a first approximation of winter range, I plotted museum specimen records by month on maps of the Western Hemisphere.
- The approximations provide conservative control of the genome-wise type I error rate.
- Using a continuous-time approximation, the transition probability from the wild-type allele to the best available allele is
- The potential of mean force can also be derived from Eq. 18 based on the harmonic approximation.
- We can make this reasoning more precise with the Markov chain approximation.
- The approximations are not bad (giving errors of around 20 %), but this situation is hardly satisfactory.
- In the Appendix, we use small v approximations to derive simple analytic approximations for the quantitative results from the models.
- The translog form provides a second-order approximation of the true cost function at a point.
- The main question is how close this approximation is to the actual quasistationary distribution.
2(rough equivalent)approximation of / to sth
- at best it's an approximation to the truth — como mucho podría decirse que se acerca a la verdad
- a good approximation of a Tennessee accent — una buena imitación del acento de Tennessee
- Computer researcher Laurent Mathy from Lancaster University points out that " simulations only give you an approximation of reality.
- This approximation was justified by the argument that the relative lengths of any two segments are only very weakly correlated.
- Previously published methods for deriving Q have used eigen-decomposition of an approximation to P (t).
- Most pocket cameras have a separate viewfinder: what you see is an approximation of what the lens is seeing.
- Without a fully linear structure to the economy, at best an inflation index is an approximation.
- For participants in the glue group, similar approximation was achieved with single circumferential application of tissue glue.
- For him, translation requires an act of engagement that goes much deeper than a word-for-word approximation.
- Consisting of basic shapes and pieces lifted from existing ships, it's a very loose approximation of what the final ship mesh will look like.
- I could find the words that would get my message through with some approximation of what I actually mean.
- Once Fido performs even a close approximation of the trick a reward follows.
- At the time Corps engineers called their approximation a standard project hurricane (SPH), equivalent to what today would be called a fast-moving category 3 storm.
- Matheson's method does give a very close approximation to the situation in 1890.
- Thus, the classic Kok model is just convenient first-order approximation to the real case.
- The story, which is performed in an approximation of a Beijing Opera style, is simple.
- Due to the nature of the language, some of these translations are approximations.
- Some are based on European approximations of local African place names - often such bastardised versions of the originals that they are barely recognisable.
- The current difficulties of the Ukrainian government in achieving approximation of the Law of Ukraine with the Law of the European Union.
- Rhuddlan was the closest approximation to a town in pre-Norman Wales during its brief periods under Welsh rule.
- User's attitudes also had to be examined in order to assess whether the approximations in the animation were satisfactory.
- The Montessori environment, though wonderful in many ways, often is just an approximation of what we already have in our homes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.