In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)albaricoque masculinechabacano masculine Mexicodamasco masculine South America(jam/brandy) de albaricoque(brandy/jam) de chabacano Mexico(brandy/jam) de damasco South Americaapricot tree — chabacano masculine Mexico
- There are also crêpes stuffed with apricot as well as chocolate mousse served in individual crusts.
- You can also peel peaches, plums and apricots and boil or steam them.
- Soon after, apricots, peaches, honey and candied fruits come into play as you sip towards the bottom of the glass.
- Yes, it's in fruits and vegetables - the highest amounts are in apples, cherries, apricots and grapefruits, as well as other citrus fruits.
- On the palate there are notes of vanilla, apricot and caramel, culminating in a rich, creamy finish.
- Unsprayed rose petals can be used to decorate desserts or cakes, or incorporated with peaches and apricots into fragrant jams.
- The menu is mouth-watering - pies with chicken, pheasant and apricot; pork and caramelised gooseberry; venison and blackcurrant.
- Make pancakes with whole-grain pancake mix and top with peaches, apricots, or grapes.
- Potassium sources include apple juice, apricots, oranges, pears, and watermelon, to name a few.
- This example is dry to off dry with just a touch of oak from four months in barrique and flavours of melon, peach, apricot and orange.
- Growers depend on farmer's market sales, and buyers still need to be educated that the better looking apricot isn't necessarily the best tasting.
- But with a range that includes chicken creole, duck and ginger and lamb and apricot, there is something for everyone, and you'll enjoy discovering new ways to cook and serve them.
- Peppercorns, goat cheese and apricot is a great combination.
- Aromatic floral whiffs of soft ripe apricot can't hide drier fruit flavours that have an almost fino sherry slant with a mild green olive and salty tang on the finish.
- Both peaches and apricots have gold-toned flesh.
- According to an EU ruling, marmalade can contain only citrus fruit, not apricots or other soft fruit.
- Place a piece of ginger on each apricot, with a small knob of butter and a teaspoon of molasses.
- Dessert might be a pinacolada ice cream tower with coconut wafer and poached apricot.
- They're generally very fruity, and can have the subtle tastes of apples, peaches, apricots and melons.
- Floral and grapey aromas take on a slight apricot and citrus edge before offering dry to off-dry flavours of fresh firm apricots with an orangey citrus tang and earthiness on the finish.
2(color)(color) crema asalmonado masculine
- With skin tone colors of apricot, tan, sepia, mahogany, salmon, raw sienna, and burnt sienna, white was used primarily to alter shades and create a layered tint.
- Not to mention an exuberant taller block behind, balconies bulging in shades of apricot or mauve and finally the ever present looming crane, on the way to completing another storey.
- Play up your natural flush with subtle shades of apricot or rose.
- Modern hybrids come in every colour from white and apricot to deep plum.
- The flesh can be either apricot or, less often but more delicious, cream coloured.
- These included a mixture of blue and gray-blue morphs, some of which had orange under-surfaces, and more rarely pink or apricot on both surfaces.
- It can be woven into a carpet using its many colours - white, lavender, mauve, indigo, apricot and pink - or a single colour may be selected to contrast or complement alyssum, dianthus and lobelia.
- Sally deduced that the colours Jane should be wearing were light colours with some warmth such as peach, beige, caramel, cinnamon, apricot and a lighter version of warmer colours such as jade, lilac and blue.
- Violas come in a range of lovely solid colors including deep blue, ruby red, bright yellow, apricot, deep purple, and even white.
- At the same time, its versatility comes from the fact that not only is apricot a warming color, but it's also quite a cheerful color, recalling spring and summer days.
- For green or hazel eyes, use brown, apricot, purple, plum, deep khaki or forest green.
- Everyone has a different idea of what is meant by colours such as apricot, cherry, peach, cerise or carmine.
- He proposed that dogs which were ee would produce pheomelanin coat colors such as yellow, gold, apricot, or red and that dogs which were black or brown always had one E allele.
- They didn't just stop at the walls… the ceiling and cornices are deep apricot too.
- The flowers a re ever-changing, starting off a clear yellow, opening as subtle apricot, and then becoming a gorgeous tangerine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.