In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Such a location is compatible with the ready diffusion of ethylene in both aqueous and lipid environments.
- It consists of isopropyl alcohol in aqueous solution at two different dilutions.
- In summary, the sample was denatured with aqueous ammonium sulfate and ethanol and was extracted with hexane.
- The flue gas is passed through an aqueous limestone slurry containing formic acid.
- In aqueous solutions, water is the solvent and all dissolved substances are solutes.
- I primarily work in water solutions; what you might call the aqueous phase.
- The hypophase was removed with a Pasteur pipette and the aqueous phase re-extracted with chloroform until it was colourless.
- The electrodes are immersed in aqueous sulfuric acid, which acts as the electrolyte.
- This method relies on the ability of gas bubbles, which are rising through an aqueous solution, to trap certain minerals.
- In this process the ether is shaken with an organic solute in aqueous solution.
- Unbuffered aqueous solutions are easily rendered slightly acidic by dissolved carbon dioxide.
- Latex emulsions are made up of polymeric materials suspended in an aqueous solvent by a surfactant.
- At York, the timbers were immersed for two years in tanks of aqueous polyethylene glycol, a water-soluble wax used to replace the water in the wood.
- We advise the use of aqueous solutions (not alcohol based preparations) to avoid skin irritation and wheeze.
- The heat of solution for formation of aqueous solutions of most salts is positive.
- All other reagents were of analytical grade and aqueous solutions were made up with distilled water.
- This is carried out using an aqueous solution of hydrogen iodide reacting in the presence of red phosphorus.
- Electrons flowing through a wire or ions flowing through an aqueous solution are both examples of electric current.
- Membranes were formed on the orifice by sequentially raising the level of the aqueous electrolyte solutions.
- Since they are unstable in water, aqueous solutions were prepared immediately before treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.