In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This method relies on the ability of gas bubbles, which are rising through an aqueous solution, to trap certain minerals.
- Latex emulsions are made up of polymeric materials suspended in an aqueous solvent by a surfactant.
- The flue gas is passed through an aqueous limestone slurry containing formic acid.
- Electrons flowing through a wire or ions flowing through an aqueous solution are both examples of electric current.
- Since they are unstable in water, aqueous solutions were prepared immediately before treatment.
- Such a location is compatible with the ready diffusion of ethylene in both aqueous and lipid environments.
- In aqueous solutions, water is the solvent and all dissolved substances are solutes.
- The hypophase was removed with a Pasteur pipette and the aqueous phase re-extracted with chloroform until it was colourless.
- In summary, the sample was denatured with aqueous ammonium sulfate and ethanol and was extracted with hexane.
- Membranes were formed on the orifice by sequentially raising the level of the aqueous electrolyte solutions.
- In this process the ether is shaken with an organic solute in aqueous solution.
- All other reagents were of analytical grade and aqueous solutions were made up with distilled water.
- At York, the timbers were immersed for two years in tanks of aqueous polyethylene glycol, a water-soluble wax used to replace the water in the wood.
- This is carried out using an aqueous solution of hydrogen iodide reacting in the presence of red phosphorus.
- I primarily work in water solutions; what you might call the aqueous phase.
- It consists of isopropyl alcohol in aqueous solution at two different dilutions.
- The heat of solution for formation of aqueous solutions of most salts is positive.
- We advise the use of aqueous solutions (not alcohol based preparations) to avoid skin irritation and wheeze.
- The electrodes are immersed in aqueous sulfuric acid, which acts as the electrolyte.
- Unbuffered aqueous solutions are easily rendered slightly acidic by dissolved carbon dioxide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.