In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiro con arco masculinetiro al arco masculine
- It is quite obvious that to improve in archery we need to practice and improve our power of concentration.
- Live theatre, games, dancing, arts and crafts and archery, bring to life the Middle Ages.
- They have witnessed many Olympic events, including basketball, cycling, football and archery.
- They can have a go at ringo rides, high rope courses, rock climbing, orienteering and archery.
- All young men in medieval villages were expected to practice archery so there were many skilled archers to be found.
- They are used to stop the hands and body shaking while competing in sports such as shooting and archery.
- He was useless with a sword, missed his targets in archery, fell off his horse as soon as he got on, and in general hated fighting.
- The form of combat which Simeon prefers is archery, where the arrows have no sharp end, but a rubber stopper.
- All dangerous sports were banned but archery was seen as essential to maintaining the country's military strength.
- Helen joins in a game of archery with a group of enthusiastic children.
- A huge range of activities are on offer from horse riding to archery to golf to keep people entertained.
- Often she would go riding, or practise her archery and fencing, all of which she was extremely skilled at.
- She was practicing archery, and had totally missed the target and was yelling at it.
- There's lots to choose from: tennis, football, golf, archery, riding, canoeing.
- The activities covered everything from archery to water sports and rock climbing.
- Try your hand at coin-striking, archery or even crossbow firing and watch as the soldiers round up new recruits.
- Sportsmen and women took part in a total of 10 sports which ranged from archery to snooker and rifle shooting to swimming.
- They say children watch wrestling on television instead of playing traditional sports such as archery.
- Thompson is a sports freak, with archery, cricket and scuba diving among his passions.
- Renee got hooked on the sport after trying archery during a camping holiday to France with her husband, Ian.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.