In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One cartoon discusses 60 + high school archetypes, and these teeny drawings capture the characters with perfect, hilarious economy.
- They're also examples of two completely different archetypes of the baseball character.
- Styling themselves the ‘Young Disciples’, Matthew, Peter and Paul represent three different archetypes of black male identity.
- As an archetype, she represents the Rule of Law.
- This is ultimately about simple leadership archetypes.
- These were archetypes meant to represent a type of human personality.
- Douglas Camp's forte is representing traditional African archetypes in a physical form that's pure narrative.
- Caffey's Alberta is less a full-fledged personality than an archetype.
- In fact, all of the dramatis personae are sketched as archetypes rather than fully developed characters - the noble and loyal warrior, the scheming courtesan, etc.
- An eminent scientist and founder of top Pentagon contractor OsCorp, Norman Osborne / Green Goblin is the quintessential archetype of the greedy American capitalist.
- They are resentment personified, archetypes of men with grudges against the world, who - unlike Macbeth - are thereby predisposed to evil.
- There is character development of a sort, but the Star Trek crew are more archetypes than they are people.
- In some senses, he represents the latest incarnation of an archetype that crops up time and again in popular music.
- Hemingway is remembered not only as one of America's most important writers, but as an archetype of a particular American genre of masculinity.
- I think the reason I find this whole article so amusing is because it's the ultimate archetype of all news stories about weblogs.
- In this play each character represents a fragmented archetype, as well as personalities - the creator, the stranger, the lover, the dreamer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.