In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1código de la zona masculine Latin Americaprefijo (local) masculine Spain
- Some companies even have the choice of selecting area codes worldwide. This is a wonderful option for those who would like to choose an area code located where their family and friends are.
- With no additional equipment, users just dial 13636 followed by the area code and the telephone number they want.
- The changes involve a combination of adding two digits to customers' existing local number and, in some cases, a change to the local area code.
- Dell uses your area code and zip code to locate the nearest service provider to perform onsite service.
- If you are calling outside the Halifax area, make sure to include your area code when entering your fax machine's number.
- According to Caller ID, this call is coming from an area code in another state.
- To ring Italy from the UK, dial 00 39 followed by the area code with the zero.
- Con's phone did ring last week and a Dublin area code showed up on the caller display.
- But many people keep calling Mr Turner's number, which has a 912 area code.
- The Edison, New Jersey based company gives you a phone number in an area code of your choosing.
- In the Swinford, Charlestown, Foxford 094 areas, there will be no change in the area code but 92 will have to be placed in front of all existing local numbers.
- Some exchanges within the 062 area code will require that customers first dial the area code followed by the telephone number, according to Telecom.
- I notice that one of the signs in the slide show is marked ‘location unknown,’ but when I googled the area code, it turned out to be located in Colorado.
- The number changes involve a combination of adding two digits to customers' existing local numbers and in some cases changing the local area code.
- I told him the area code on his cell phone was from eastern Iowa.
- The area code of Shanghai is 21 and the country code of China is 86
- The thing is, I didn't recognise the number at all - it was an area code completely unfamiliar to me.
- In Swindon, nearly all local mail letters that are posted in the town and delivered to addresses in the SN area code arrive on time.
- From their existing landline, customers simply dial 13636, followed by the area code (even if calling locally) and then the telephone number they wish to call.
- It showed up on Caller ID as the area code of the house where I grew up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.