In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ariano masculineariana feminine
- Plenty of exercise is a must to keep your Aries child happy and healthy - and often young Arians just can't seem to keep still.
- It is true that they may not have the flair and excessive energy of their fellow Ariens, for the fire of their Sun sign is grounded by the Taurus earth provided in the Moon sign.
- In contrast to the independence of Sun sign Arians, those with Aries rising have a very strong need for a permanent partner, and they can be surprisingly understanding, compassionate and tolerant of their loved ones.
- Even Zurich, who commissioned the research into insurance claims for car accidents, have declared that they will not be charging fender-bending Ariens higher premiums.
- True, you won't necessarily fit in with the new romantics' misty sentiments right away, but, deep down, Ariens have a poetic nature, and the coming era nurtures it.
- Like all Ariens, this group of people will be vibrantly sensual.
- ‘Exactly what I said,’ I reply forcefully, though I don't feel like engaging in a battle of wills with such a blatant Arien who for some obscure reason was born in February instead.
- Male Arians often suffer from baldness or thinning of the hair.
- Take care also to have all of the legal formalities correct and in order - sun sign Arians are renowned for a distaste for ‘petty’ legalities!
- Unlike most Ariens, the Aries / Virgo is somewhat conservative and cautious, basing actions upon the precedent of experience and reason.
- Marketers could use positive Arien traits, for example, to promote a product to those consumers who aspire to be like Ariens.
1ariano masculineariana feminine
- Constantius, an Arian and therefore technically a heretic, returned the Empire to a single rule.
- The council boldly claimed this as the faith of the Church and named Arianism as a heresy and Arians as heretics.
- After all, it would seem ‘a terrible thing’ to express one's creed against others, in this case the Arians.
- Yet, as Athanasius and his cobelligerents knew, Christianity itself hung upon the debate with the Arians.
- When the General Baptist Churches in England became Arian in the eighteenth century it was not long before they began to die.
- Though there are similarities between Newman's state of mind preceding his work on the Arians and the Monophysites, there is a crucial difference between the two projects.
- The Arians, who denied the full divinity of Christ, were spotlighted at the Council of Nicaea, and most of the council's work focused on accurately defining Jesus' nature.
- When D' Ewes looked at the broader history of Christianity, he noted that the fifth-century victory over the Pelagians, like that over the Arians earlier, had not lasted.
- As soon as he came to Constantinople Theodosius began expelling the Arians, who had hitherto been in possession.
- Only then, at the very end of the 5th century, did the Bishop of Rome have a king who might be called upon to defend the faith, for the Arians were all heretics in the eyes of Rome (and of Constantinople, for that matter).
- After his condemnation, all those who drew back from the most robust affirmations of Christ's full divinity tended to be branded Arians by their opponents.
- The persecuted Arians thought of themselves as making a last brave stand against irrationalist mystery-mongers (such as Augustine) and their rigid orthodoxies.
- However, this act of submission did not silence the correct rumors that he, like Newton himself, was still an Arian.
- To counter the Arians, Basil needed more allies.
- This did however stir up enormous fights among the early Christians and the Arians ended up getting the boot.
- Being Arians, they built two churches of their faith in the vicinity of Calpe; one at San Rocco, the other, a chapel, on the rock itself.
- Richard Rorty says twice that St Augustine was involved in the fight against the Arians.
- Although anti-Augustinianism is implicit in the works of Renaissance Christian humanists, Erasmus and his friends were careful never to declare themselves Arians or Pelagians.
- Justin I in Constantinople was an orthodox Christian whereas Theodoric was an Arian.
- In this case Newman made his identification implicitly, by a comparison of the authorities central to both the Arians and the liberals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.