In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also globe artichokealcachofa femininealcaucil masculine River Plate
- It's what remained after I had enjoyed a particularly good globe artichoke.
- The lamb stew is another great, rib-sticking dish, chock-full of artichokes, roasted tomatoes, dandelion greens, and fresh mint.
- All we have to do is chop up some onion, cloves, celery, leeks, artichokes, and throw in a few fava beans.
- So I had my free lunch (very nice grilled chicken, duchesse potatoes, spinach, artichokes and baby corn, followed by a chocolatey/creamy confection with a delicious orange sauce) and then headed back into the office.
- It is dense with artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, broad beans, peas, lettuce, rocket and more.
- We ordered the white asparagus and morel soufflé in a globe artichoke with truffle beurre blanc.
- Quickly boil the new potatoes, cut the new red onions and toss them all with the leftover olive oil from the artichokes, add salt and lots of pepper and put into the oven for an hour (temperature as above).
- Perhaps the most exquisite dish we ate was his starter of globe artichoke heart and asparagus with summer truffle and poached egg.
- Beans, blueberries, cranberries, Russet potatoes, artichokes, pecans and cinnamon top the list.
- Unlike their larger siblings, whose higher placement on the stalk exposes them to the sun, baby artichokes are rendered entirely edible with just a little trimming.
- Arrange garlic, salsify and artichokes on other side and serve cardoons and mache on separate plate.
- Nick opted for penne con pomodori secchi: sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, basil and green chillies with olive oil in a light tomato sauce.
- My top dish was the heavenly grilled semolina & fresh goats cheese gnocchi and panfried artichokes with broad beans & marjoram, lemon cream and caramelised beetroot…
- Drain the pasta, toss it with the artichokes, olive oil, parsley and Parmesan.
- Take your pick from young spinach picked that morning, tomatoes, garlic, artichokes, beans and peas, and home-made sheep's cheese.
- Milk thistle is best known for its curative effect on the human liver, but its flower heads are eaten like artichokes, and the roots are served boiled in Chile, its country of origin.
- A starter of perfectly pan-fried scallops will come with red mullet and a salad of baby artichokes, beetroot and sliced truffle.
- To serve, arrange a cod fillet, some artichokes, and snow peas in the center of a plate.
- I used the oil from the marinaded artichokes, balsamic vinegar, whole egg mayonnaise, American mustard and salt and pepper.
- Asparagus has an affinity with eggs, rocket, artichokes, leeks and truffle.
2also Jerusalem artichokeaguaturma femininepataca feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.