In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(writer, musician, painter, sculptor)masculine artistasidewalk / pavement artist — pintora callejera
- Designing this seemingly simple piece of light sculpture required a creative team of artists, architects, and designers.
- Contemporary dance artists Forecast will be performing their new show Ready at Lancaster University's Nuffield Theatre on Tuesday.
- Hollywood sees a moral dimension in protecting its property and the creative works of its artists, as well as a nobility in bringing entertainment to the masses.
- Also, in an effort to promote khadi, models will display the garments while artists will perform traditional cultural programmes.
- Logan and Murray-Leslie hide in a back room surrounded by friends: fashion buyers, designers, film-makers, artists.
- Company dancers, along with some guest artists perform 10 works, which they've created themselves.
- Poets, musicians, dance troupes, artists and actors from various African and Caribbean nations will be on the ship.
- Some of Britain's finest artists will be performing in villages across the county as part of Rural Arts Wiltshire's spring season 2003.
- Also, they all work in creative fields - artists, musicians, writers, architectural photographers, cartoonists.
- Visual artists and filmmakers teamed up with dancers and musicians.
- He is one of the 150 artists performing worldwide for Cirque du Soleil.
- The WSF was in some ways like a circus - a huge performing act with many artists, acrobats, entertainers.
- Clowns relieve tension during performances by artists such as acrobats, flying trapezists and jugglers.
- There will also be face painters, clowns, artists, magicians and creatures of all shapes and sizes roving through the festival site.
- Other events on the day include performing artists, novelty races, face painting, workshops, market stalls and music.
- She will perform with other local artists at the launch.
- Deep in the quiet art kingdom, visitors may be summoned by the loud sound of beating gongs and drums to an open-air stage, where local artists perform the drum dance.
- I believe our filmmakers, writers, poets, and visual and performing artists do us proud, alongside those of anywhere in the world.
- Creative artists, screenwriters and filmmakers will need time to figure it out too.
- I doubt I can actually retire either, but that's another question, one facing many artists and creative people, especially women.
2Music masculine intérpreteTheatre actor masculineTheatre actriz feminineTheatre masculine artistavaudeville / variety artist — artista de variedades / revista
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.