In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Oppenheimer doesn't go into this question, but diehard invasionists might use his findings to suggest an Aryan invasion into India not from the northwest, but from the southeast.
- If the horse is a conclusive sign of Aryan presence, then it is in India long before the Harappan Civilization in Neolithic sites.
- He found Indian art and culture ‘a joint creation of the Dravidian and Aryan genius.’
- This seemingly incongruous role-reversal serves to bolster Mann's depiction of the subversive nature of the relationship between the Aryan and Dravidian elements of the story.
- With its roots in early Western scholarship, it was this view, of a great Aryan race and civilization, that later became popular with Hindu nationalists.
- Believing that he had spoken to the ancient Iranian high god Ahura Mazda, Zoroaster undertook a reform of the old Indo-Iranian religion of the Aryan invaders of India and Iran.
- It was early Aryan architectural forms that were translated into the architecture of India for thousands of years.
- Dravidians, who were ‘second class' citizens in Aryan kingdoms, were dark.
- In a country where populations of highly different origins and aptitudes live side by side, from men of the forest to refined Gangetic craftsmen and proud Aryan warriors, an equitable place had to be found for all.
- It is a time when the integration of the Aryan and indigenous Dravidian tribes causes confusion within the social structures.
- Making use of recent archaeological findings, the author gives an overview of the so-called Aryan problem which has distorted the roots of ancient India's history and therefore of Indian civilization.
- Early Vedic texts make a distinction between the ordinary members of the Aryan tribe that had subjugated much of northern India and the warrior nobility referred to as the Ksatriya.
- They took steps to divide Hindus and Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs, upper castes and lower castes, Aryan North and Dravidian South.
- Hinduism might have started as Dravidian civilization and later merged with Aryan civilization.
- The cult of the mother-goddess predates the Aryan invasion of India.
- The use of honey was taken to India by its Aryan invaders and became associated with religious rites.
- Some time in the second millennium BCE the Aryan people arrived in north-west India.
- This has also been a widely held view among Western scholars, who have dated the Aryan migration to about 1500 BCE and the Rig Veda, the earliest known scripture of the Aryans, to about 1200 BCE.
- The first chapter discusses the Aryan migration into India, with a precise discussion of the evidence and why certain things are generally believed by contemporary historians about this topic.
- Iran may observe the most militant form of Islam, but when the question of their ethnic origin arises, the Iranians proudly claim their Aryan descent.
1ario masculinearia feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.