In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gum)feminine asa fétida
- When hot, put in the asafetida (if using), then, a second later, the cumin seeds.
- Saute the leaves with a little ghee, roast the urad dal and chilli and grind with salt and asafoetida.
- Asafoetida water may be used in the place of asafoetida powder.
- Avoid eating too much ginger, garlic, asafetida, hot red peppers or any types of hot peppers even in winter if you are sensitive to the sun.
- Place the flour, turmeric, cumin, coriander, asafoetida and salt in a bowl.
- The therapy for light abdominal pain is application of asafetida and not Baralgan.
- Add sweet corn, ginger/green chilli paste, asafetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
- Apparently, he doesn't like using garlic in his food… so he uses this spice called asafetida, which is really stinky and looked like Chinese medicine powder to me.
- Ruchi also has instant food mixes, spice powders and asafoetida under its belt, apart from a small presence in dates.
- Dietary asafoetida, cumin and onion also significantly enhanced the activity of pancreatic amylase.
- Cooking them with spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida or garlic will kindle the digestive fire and make them easily digestible.
- A variety of flavoured saunf (fennel seeds), fruity breath-fresheners and indigenous Indian spices like asafoetida and amchur come at Rs.40 for a 100 gm packet.
- For about four handfuls of leaves, you would need about one to two spoonfuls of urad dal, a small dried red chilli, a little asafoetida and salt to taste.
- No plant now known from Libya or N. Africa produces a resin that resembles asafoetida.
- She also mentions some herbs that can help - asafoetida, cumin seed, and winter savory all lower flatulence.
- Fry red chillies, urad dal and asafoetida till it turns red.
- She came in a week later reporting that the herbs were working, especially the asafoetida and ginger combination.
- Add cloves and asafoetida, fry until the fragrance rises.
- Skullcap will probably not be very effective for the individual with weak digestion and internal coldness while asafoetida will probably not be effective for the individual with a toxic, stagnant liver.
- Lower the fire and add the chilli powder and asafoetida.
2(plant)feminine asa fétida
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.