1(person/rocket) ascender formalHe ascended into heaven — subió a los cielos
- A tide of men and women flowed in their direction, everyone ascending the hill.
- As Clyde ascended the mountain, the sky began to clear.
- The climbers will ascend the mountains of Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England and Snowdon in Wales as part of their trek.
- We began to ascend the hill and for a while we had to concentrate on nothing more than the slippery climb.
- Now he and the inner circle of disciples ascend the mountain.
- However, a botanist who climbed many peaks in Colorado, Edwin James, ascended the mountain in 1820.
- We ascended the hill and passed through Montmartre, a little touristy but still very picturesque.
- The coyote slowly ascended the mountain, sweat glistening on his brow, his thoughts lost in the events of the previous day.
- She slowly ascended the little hill, and reached the back porch.
- Moses ascends the mountain, talks with Yahweh, and comes back with clay tablets.
- This meant that in a 43-year period, 61 Chinese mountaineers have ascended the peak on 14 occasions.
- To that end, Mount Eerie is a five-song story cycle about a boy who is born, greets the sun, ascends a mountain, dies, and then has a massive, post-mortem revelation.
- On our mountain safari we ascend spectacular mountain passes, traverse hairpin bends, rolling green hills and dramatic and awe-inspiring sandstone cliffs.
- As we ascended a rolling mountain, a man crossed the road ahead of the bus and waved the driver over.
- The trapper had seen enough wolves with their packs during his life to know one when he saw it, and stayed far from the baron and his entourage of eighty men, even as they ascended the mountain.
- Back then we had planned to ascend the mountain in traditional style, positioning camps as we climbed, and we had established Camp One at about 19,000 feet.
- Each year, thousands of devotees ascend the mountain at midnight under a full moon, chanting mantras, to offer their gifts to the ancestral spirits.
- The emotional turmoil naturally accompanying Jotham's situation inspired him to ascend the hill and shout to the men of Shechem to listen to his story.
- Those who ascend the summit of the mountain are rewarded with unparalleled views of the majestic Mt. Kilimanjaro and the Rift Valleys.
- As he ascended the mountain, he was surrounded by thousands of his companions reciting the talbiyah and the takbir.
2ascending present participle(scale/spiral/slope) ascendentein ascending order — en orden ascendente
1(steps) subir(mountain) escalar(mountain) subir a
- Bentsen was already ascending the stairs, turning his back on the Tunnels.
- She ascended the narrow stairs and entered the upstairs hall.
- After ascending the elliptical stairs past a couple small galleries, one is immediately struck by the bright orange carpet laid across most of the fourth floor.
- Grant is quickly pulled under the stairwell, where they quietly hide and listen as someone in new white shoes and nylons walks by and slowly ascends the stairs.
- Dinah wanted to scowl back at him, but she held it down, smiling sweetly instead before ascending the stairs to get away from her parents and their prying questions.
- Corinne, seeing a movement out of the corner of her eye, looked up and saw Carla ascending the stairs.
- It was with some trepidation that I ascended the stairs to my beloved Indigo last night.
- At the end of the interval he ascended the stairs.
- She glanced around the dark house before ascending the stairs.
- He kissed her on the cheek before leaving and ascending the stairs towards his bedroom.
- A few minutes (hours, millennia) later, the security guard ascended the stairs behind me.
- At lunchtime I ascend the stairs to the main canteen and take a noodle and stirfry meal at the subsidised price.
- ‘Same to you Lord Wellington,’ I said before ascending the stairs.
- As the door widens, we return to the shot showing him ascending the stairs.
- With that, we both ascended the stairs up to the top floor.
- Jacob ascended the creaky stairs on his way to Peter's apartment.
- Releasing her hand, he ascended the staircase two stairs at a time.
- Upon entering and ascending the stairs, we checked our coats and stepped into what would become quite the memorable evening.
- After ascending the helix of stairs, I sat down at my computer and pulled up the logs that Marius had sent me.
- Madison leaves the room and slowly ascends the stairs, listening to the continuing discussion.