In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1síndrome de Asperger masculine
- Christopher Boone lives in Swindon and has Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of autism: he is brilliant at maths but not good at people.
- Much controversy exists regarding the definition of Asperger's syndrome or disorder, both in clinical practice and in research studies.
- By now, I was convinced that Hayley had an undiagnosed, albeit mild, form of Asperger's syndrome.
- We reviewed them for evidence of the spectrum of autistic disorders, including Asperger's syndrome.
- Someone with autism and Asperger's syndrome will take at face value what is said to them.
- The best-known types of autism are ‘typical autism’ and Asperger's syndrome.
- The non-profit centre, which began functioning with just a handful of children, works for those with autism, Asperger's syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning difficulties.
- Christopher is thought to have Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, although this is never made fully clear.
- In previous surveys, mild diagnoses such as Asperger's syndrome were likely excluded.
- However, Tourette's syndrome and affective disorders more commonly co-occur with Asperger's syndrome than with autism, he adds.
- The professor has been making attempts to understand the causes and research potential treatments for autism and related disorders such as Asperger's syndrome.
- In autism children are withdrawn, whereas in Asperger's syndrome they desire social contact but cannot negotiate rules.
- People with Asperger's syndrome can be greatly helped by special training in social skills.
- The affliction has also been likened to Asperger's syndrome, a mild variant of autism.
- Today, doctors group Asperger's syndrome with four other conditions - including autism - that are called autistic spectrum disorders or pervasive developmental disorders.
- They may have a nonverbal learning disability, Asperger's syndrome, high-functioning autism, mild retardation or traumatic brain damage.
- Still another client, diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and mental retardation, has used countless methods of photo-therapy to create images of her family system.
- It struck me how tense and exhausting everyday life is for someone with Asperger's syndrome: the world can be hard enough to cope with for those of us with ‘normal’ skills - for someone like Patrick everything has to be learned by rote.
- The definition of autism changed in 1994 to include milder forms of the disorder, such as Asperger's syndrome, in which children lack social skills but are often highly verbal.
- As the mother of a child with Asperger's syndrome - an autistic spectrum disorder - Ms Dawson felt compelled to study the case.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.