In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asfalto masculine(surface/road) asfaltado
- Teal and green floor tiles in the kids' bathroom are made of waste products derived from gravel, asphalt, and cement.
- They are designed to go over any surface, including asphalt, dirt, gravel, grass and mountain trails.
- Masonry sealers are not intended for use on asphalt, glazed ceramic tile or on wooden surfaces.
- Normally, asphalt road surfaces are built on top of a bed of concrete, which is itself built atop a bed of gravel.
- The asphalt was dark and slightly shiny in the sun, as if the oppressive heat was melting the tar within the road.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.