In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Similarly, many instances of intrapartum asphyxia resulting in stillbirth were of babies who were already growth restricted.
- They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.
- No concurrent or contributory cause of the brain damage is established, the only candidate apart from birth asphyxia being some prenatal pathology.
- The remaining cases included asphyxia, aspiration, sepsis, and unknown cause.
- The most serious acute consequence of inhalant abuse is death, which usually occurs secondary to aspiration, accidental trauma, or asphyxia.
- A post-mortem examination established the cause of death was asphyxia.
- While asphyxia during delivery still causes some fetal deaths, it is not a common cause of these losses.
- The cause of death was asphyxia and a blood alcohol level showed he was just over the legal drink drive limit.
- Substantial increases were noted for deaths due to asphyxia, sudden infant death syndrome, infection, and external causes.
- Until recently, it was widely believed that asphyxia (lack of oxygen) during a difficult delivery was the cause of most cases of cerebral palsy.
- The patient had a history of perinatal asphyxia.
- About one case will be associated with genuine perinatal asphyxia.
- The cause of death was asphyxia and blunt force injuries.
- Perinatal asphyxia is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the neonatal period.
- The final death certificate that came from the Pentagon some time later said it was death by asphyxia and is being investigated as a homicide.
- In old times it used to be given as an injection for such conditions as cerebral concussion and asphyxia from drowning.
- An autopsy indicated the man died from blunt force injuries and asphyxia.
- It lists these as birth asphyxia, birth trauma and low birth weight - the conditions that arise in the perinatal period.
- In the United States and more developed regions of the world, trained health care professionals can rapidly take steps to treat asphyxia.
- These babies are malnourished and are prone to asphyxia before and during labour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.