In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agresor masculineagresora feminineatacante feminine
- The pair were attacked with knives before their assailants fled the scene.
- Some of the assailants were known, and some even openly boasted of their acts.
- Most assailants are unprepared for this type technique and it takes them totally by surprise.
- The victim was unable to give many details about her assailant because the attack was over in seconds.
- Pakistan has condemned the attack and denied any connection with the assailants.
- The club's lights had been tampered with by the assailants and many were crushed in the rush for the exits.
- The magistrate still insists he is confident of his assailant's identity.
- It also appears the assailant was wearing a jacket the night of the assault.
- The family dog, an American pit bull, was shot and killed in the attack after it jumped up and bit the assailant on the arm.
- I cannot provide more details, but the police know who one of the assailants is.
- It is common in knife attacks for such assailants to strike quickly and repeatedly.
- She was then grabbed from behind and assaulted by a mystery assailant.
- The age range of assailants further suggests that this was not a crime confined to young men.
- The angle of entry of the arrow indicates that the assailant was standing below his victim when he attacked.
- The assailants fled after the attack, for which no militant group has claimed responsibility.
- Despite an intensive police search, neither the attacker nor his two assailants were found.
- As I physically wrenched her assailant away from her, my sign was also grabbed and ripped up.
- Now the theory runs that one or more assailants killed the poor fellow in a two-day running fight.
- She died in a hail of bullets fired on Sunday by two assailants using assault rifles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.