In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pista americana feminine
- He said: ‘The race consists of an eight-mile cross-country run followed by an army assault course.’
- Youths get to go on an Army assault course and eat in the mess tent, and receive certificates for their involvement at the end.
- A disabled and profoundly deaf man is tackling an army assault course to help fund a trip of a lifetime to New Zealand.
- It's a mini assault course with rope bridges to cross and a climbing wall.
- One of the most popular children's entertainment was the army assault course.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.