In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rifle de asalto masculine
- After that, I slung on my sniper rifle, and my assault rifle, and loaded each of them.
- The sniper carries his sniper rifle as well as an assault rifle or machine pistol for close-in fighting.
- He began to open fire with his assault rifle for as long as he could.
- Those items are not found, but what are found are an assault rifle and a shotgun purchased subsequently.
- He would slip out of the house carrying an assault rifle and five small boxes of bullets and go to the southern edge of the city to shoot at soldiers.
- Hearing the assault rifle fire again, he drew his pistol and slipped into the room.
- I think sight of an assault rifle may just do the trick.
- The victims include people randomly shot dead with a handgun or an assault rifle.
- However, the rapid firing assault rifle proved most useful in ambushes.
- For those that aren't familiar with SKSs, they're a Chinese-type assault rifle.
- Police discovered a stash of weed and an assault rifle fitted with a sniper's scope and a silencer.
- A video released by the group showed the bomber posing with a grenade launcher and an assault rifle.
- One of the men jumped out and opened fire with an assault rifle.
- His plane flew over another suspected poachers' camp, where he spotted a horseman with an assault rifle.
- The sub-machine gun and my assault rifle used the same ammo and both were able to use the silencer.
- He said the gun was not a toy, as had been claimed, but a working replica of an army assault rifle which fired plastic pellets and ball bearings.
- The M60 is a heavy assault rifle with a high rate of fire and a large capacity.
- They were armed with home-made grenades and an assault rifle and were shot dead by an army escort.
- Other footage showed an armed man firing single shots from an assault rifle at the back of the heads of 11 others.
- He brought his katana up at his side as the marine fired his assault rifle in an uncharacteristic panic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.