In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This flora is one of the best preserved and most diverse Tertiary assemblages in Europe, containing over 500 plant types, including more than 300 named species.
- This is one of the richest and most diverse set of assemblages yet described from South China.
- The presence of a diverse assemblage has been suspected on the basis of disarticulated remains preserved in such localities.
- Simply put, species behave as statistical entities, making it necessary to back away from individual species or small assemblages to examine topdown processes.
- On the other hand, the majority of fossil vertebrate assemblages accumulate over many temporal scales from days to millennia.
- Therefore, the best hope for understanding global diversity patterns is to collect information on local assemblages.
- This work represents one of the best of such compilations, a rich and comprehensive assemblage of the central documents that guided US actions during the Second World War.
- This gathering is the largest periodic assemblage of human beings on the planet.
- A diverse assemblage of winged insects appears suddenly in the fossil record about 330 million years ago, and there are few clues about their evolutionary lineage.
- This great assemblage of birds forms one of the finest wildlife spectacles in the country and attracts many birdwatchers to the island, thus boosting its tourist industry.
- When he died at the age of eighty-four, twenty thousand people, the largest assemblage Philadelphia had ever seen, watched his funeral procession.
- The biotic diversity of the grasslands has historically supported a diverse assemblage of species.
- The diverse oceanographic conditions that occur in the park give rise to a similarly diverse array of species assemblages.
- When paleontologists gather data on relative abundance, they sample an assemblage that has accumulated over a long, usually unknown period of time.
- A diverse assemblage of mainly wetland plant species resulted from sampling.
- I knew that birding with such a diverse assemblage of people would be a challenge, but I also knew that they're all intelligent and appreciative folk.
- ‘There is no evidence to suggest that this can be spread through brief contact or assemblages of large numbers of people,’ she said.
- Bringing these ideas, words, and images to life are an assemblage of diverse and gifted actors unafraid to open themselves to each of these characters.
- The river had sported a ragged and changing assemblage of cottonwoods, dense stands of willows, and water-seeking shrubs, weeds, grasses, and moss.
- Rather, the past as she presents it is a well-populated landscape, or, as becomes a story teller, an assemblage of the characters involved in such processes.
2(act of assembling)recopilación feminine
- This outstanding collection is the result of the assemblage of important private collections including the contents of Emo House, County Laois and Ivy Hall, County Tipperary.
- Indeed, these are moved by strong personal incentives, coincident with social interest to a certain extent when the goal of the community is the assemblage of a valuable collective good.
- The power of Darnton's essay lay in his assemblage of familiar assertions about the origins and transmission of fairy tales.
- Even more so than its predecessor, Rediffusion is the result of relentless sound researches, passionate assemblage and a sharp observation of existing combinations.
- Their value consists particularly in the assemblage of material drawn from the old scholia and the lost works of earlier scholars and lexicographers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.