In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine evaluaciónfeminine valoraciónmasculine cálculoan optimistic assessment of the situation — una valoración positiva / un análisis optimista de la situación
- what is your assessment of the situation? — ¿cómo ve usted la situación?
- I decided to go home first, to get to a basin and a mirror and do some damage assessment.
- At the time he went missing he was undergoing assessment and that had not been completed.
- The fashionable citizens of the globe do not share our modest assessment however.
- There is nothing before me to suggest that this is other than an accurate and honest assessment.
- National pilot studies are taking place to establish if that assessment is correct.
- An inquiry has begun into how the raid was orchestrated and what kind of risk assessment was taken.
- There was no proper risk assessment done for that kind of industrialised farming.
- After the initial assessment, the medical team must speak to the senior fire officer.
- He was not given a work permit nor a site safety induction and no risk assessment was done.
- The panel which decided to release him from the school had not been made aware of this assessment.
- Staff training has begun and it will be followed by assessment and training for patients.
- Our assessment of his life's worth shouldn't be informed by that of the thugs who shot him.
- He has said the girl should be placed in a secure unit for assessment for her own safety.
- The agency is compiling a traffic impact assessment on the viability of the scheme.
- The council has conducted a foot and mouth risk assessment and it has been judged safe for the lane to be open.
- There is very little in the leaflet on which to base any worthwhile assessment.
- He said a major risk assessment had been made beforehand to ensure people's safety.
- Those should be top of the list of any fair assessment of what deserves their attention.
- This assessment of the emerging striker's attributes in the here and now is fanciful.
- All jobs and people applying for them are reviewed against a stringent risk assessment.
2(of tax)cálculo de los ingresos imponibles masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.