In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaciamiento (de activos) masculine
- For decades, a string of managers have had to preside over the board's policy of asset stripping, as a succession of our best players have been sold off.
- ‘It seems to be a clear case of asset stripping by a multinational company,’ he said.
- Unlike employees of a large enterprise, employees/owners of a small enterprise are less likely to rely upon profit reserves and asset stripping for the immediate improvement of their living conditions.
- The asset stripping had begun long before last week.
- The greatest asset-stripping scandals occurred in companies that remained under state control.
- In the short term it could have had the advantage of preventing any asset stripping and in the medium term it might have revitalised union organisation.
- This looks like asset stripping of the worst kind.
- Out there in the world of university money and politics we are witnessing thinking and planning that involves sly manoeuvring, takeover bids, and asset stripping.
- It is disgraceful that hard working people can have their lives turned upside down by the sale of an estate over their heads in what is an exercise in asset-stripping.
- We are exporting our manufacturing base and government policy is contributing to this asset stripping.
- However, his ‘company limited by guarantee’ does not exist and will have to compete against private asset-stripping bids for the tracks.
- One of Scotland's most famous private schools has rejected claims of asset-stripping after buying an exclusive girls' college, only to close it down a year later.
- The prohibition had its origins in the common law objections to a company reducing its capital and legislative fears of asset-stripping takeovers.
- When working on controversial buy-outs, they have been accused of asset stripping and looking to make a fast buck without caring about the future of employees.
- If the company declares bankruptcy within two years of the deal you risk being charged with conspiracy in asset stripping and could lose the property without compensation or recourse.
- They would be free to pick and choose which services to provide and which to withdraw, and free to embark on asset stripping.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.