In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1surtidoa bag of assorted candy — una bolsa de caramelos surtidos
- assorted paint brushes lay strewn over the floor — había una colección de pinceles tirados por el suelo
- an oddly assorted pair — una pareja dispareja
- Mary will have organic eggs, jams and chutneys as well as organic sugar and assorted breads, cakes and biscuits all made with organic flour.
- I have spoken to about a million retailers, who only sell them in packs of assorted colours and don't want to have to sit down and pick out all the purple ones.
- Last year, the unit seized more than 200 illegal guns and more than 3,500 rounds of assorted ammunition, which are in demand in the criminal underworld.
- Like most resistance movements it combines a motley range of assorted factions.
- These are available on sale in dazzling colours and assorted patterns.
- He'll also give you the main news headlines he picks up from various radio stations and if you feel so inclined, you can read the headlines from any one of the assorted newspapers lying in a pile near his feet.
- The main courses with accompaniments included grilled lobster, jumbo prawns, beef wellington, assorted kebabs and vegetables au gratin.
- However, there are requests for money to meet expenses related to hush money, fees, taxes and assorted payments to sundry individuals.
- You never know just what you will get when you plant dahlia seeds, but this type can be depended on for small flowers in assorted colors on dwarf plants.
- She had finished half of her lunch, a sort of curried mushroom dish with soup and assorted fruit on the side.
- It brings together an assorted group of international curators from three continents - Asia, Europe and North America.
- The assorted textures, the vibrant colours, and the splendid designs of home furnishings at the store merge to create a unique shopping experience.
- Chandra sighed and watched as the girls gleefully sorted through the assorted treasures they were unearthing.
- Rather than gathering kids together to learn assorted computer skills, the current approach is to teach new software and skills when they're needed.
- I remarked at how it split the light into a dancing rainbow of assorted candy colours onto the table in front of us.
- The present trend is to have a mix of assorted flowers, preferably to adorn attractive crystal vases of different shapes and sizes.
- They sent us a multitude of useless video tapes, books and other assorted junk that we did not want.
- Simply citing the opinions of assorted scientists, even distinguished ones, counts for nothing if their dire predictions are not supported by observed evidence.
- He sorted through the bottles of assorted wines he had on his dresser.
- As he ranted on, his own wife kept them supplied with tea and assorted biscuits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.