In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- People who breathe in the fine pollen may have an asthma or hay fever attack as a result.
- It is not suitable for people who have a history of stomach ulcers, or for some people with asthma.
- Children diagnosed as asthmatic were more likely to have a family history of asthma.
- It also focuses on major health issues like heart disease, asthma and diabetes.
- This means it is very bad for people with respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma.
- When a person has asthma, an attack can be started by a number of different things.
- Beta blockers are not suitable for people with respiratory problems such as asthma.
- Treatments aim to reduce the frequency, severity and length of asthma attacks.
- Patients with chronic diseases like asthma and diabetes were not regularly monitored.
- The fungi can also worsen the symptoms of asthma and cause allergic sinusitis.
- This deserves investigation as a clue to early developmental influences on asthma.
- It has been noted that guide dogs working in towns breathe the same pollutants as humans yet do not have asthma.
- Our data may shed light on the role of diet in the allergy and asthma epidemic.
- Members suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- In both generations the prevalence of asthma was higher in participants with hay fever.
- Both parents have asthma, and his mother is worried that he too might have asthma.
- Atopic eczema is the most common type of eczema and is linked with hay fever and asthma.
- If you have allergic asthma, you or other family members may well also suffer from eczema or hay fever.
- The causes of asthma are not fully known but it is partly an allergic condition.
- Vaccinating children with asthma against influenza has never really caught on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.