In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asmático masculineasmática feminine
- From the responses we obtained, two groups of subjects were created: asthmatics and non-asthmatics.
- There were only a few individuals who claimed they were asthmatics.
- Asthma is not a handicap in achieving excellence in sport as shown by the number of Olympic gold medal swimmers who were asthmatics.
- The findings could be good news for Britain's 12 million hayfever sufferers, as well as asthmatics and people with serious allergies to insect stings or certain foods.
- Indoor air quality can have a huge effect on how severe asthma symptoms are for many asthmatics.
- This is similar to what happens in allergic asthmatics.
- As a result of these symptoms, asthmatics may not tolerate exertion.
- Despite the increased risk they run, fewer than 20 per cent of asthmatics are vaccinated against the flu.
- Clear correlations can then be made between air pollutant exposure concentrations, respiratory function, and quality of life among asthmatics.
- Warm weather makes life harder for hay fever sufferers and for asthmatics.
- Currently, asthmatics would have to undergo a series of injections, and protection would not be permanent, perhaps lasting only a few years.
- Blanc found that 15% of American adult asthmatics reported that their asthma was worse at work.
- There has been research published in the past that suggested that asthmatics do better when they live in dustier environments, too.
- At the beginning of the study, medical questionnaires revealed that three subjects had been asthmatics during their childhood.
- When asthma is satisfactorily controlled, asthmatics need not be restricted from any activity up to and including competitive athletics.
- Occasionally, asthmatics may experience symptoms getting suddenly worse, or steadily worsening over a period of days.
- Many asthmatics struggle with secondhand smoke, so it's not a surprise that you are struggling with asthma again since you started smoking.
- There's some recent evidence that suggests asthmatics may be at greater risk of certain types of severe pneumonia.
- Continued smoking by adult asthmatics is the likely cause of irreversibility of airway obstruction and development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Given the large number of children who reported other respiratory symptoms, it is likely that some were undiagnosed asthmatics.
- Students were diagnosed with asthma if both questionnaires confirmed the presence of asthmatic symptoms.
- Children with documented cat allergy or with asthmatic symptoms triggered by a cat should avoid cats.
- Immunisation with the influenza vaccine is recommended for asthmatic people.
- This type of testing may show asthmatic changes in the lungs.
- Exposure to passive smoke is a cause of lung cancer and heart disease and causes respiratory illness and asthmatic attacks.
- In our study, pupils who attended schools that had new ventilation systems reported fewer asthmatic symptoms.
- If dysfunctional breathing is as common as our data show, facilities for breathing retraining need to be available as part of the overall management of asthmatic patients.
- Little is known about the influence of sleep on persistent wheeze in asthmatic patients.
- It's quite important for asthmatic women to have an asthma action plan specifically tailor-made for their pregnancy.
- An increase in emergency room visits of asthmatic patients was shown in the reports of an urban warehouse fire and the 1987 bush fire in California.
- It is impossible to tell which staff members have begun their sensitization and who already has the potential for an anaphylactic or asthmatic reaction.
- The first measurement occurred in winter, and 77 asthmatic children were selected.
- More children who lived in urban communities tended to develop asthmatic symptoms than those who lived in rural communities.
- We investigated whether weight loss affects lung function, morbidity, symptoms, or health status in obese asthmatic people.
- Up to 80 per cent of asthmatic children have allergic rhinitis.
- Our subjects are typical examples of asthmatic patients requesting medical assistance in an urban emergency center.
- Some asthmatic patients perceive the severity of their disease rather poorly.
- We selected a group of asthmatic patients in two neighbouring counties who had variable asthma so we could measure change.
- Although asthma and obesity may not be causally related, the high prevalence of obesity results in many asthmatic patients being obese.
- Consecutive adult asthmatic subjects admitted to hospital for asthma were studied.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.