In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is unlikely that he ever practised astrology in the sense of drawing up charts and interpreting them.
- In astrology Mars represents the compelling force of action and initiative.
- It has been instructive to comb the literature for evidence of when astrology has made a difference.
- Modern texts often refer to Uranus as the planet that governs astrology and astrologers.
- This is certainly an interesting theory for all those who seek a practical application of astrology.
- Since then he has also learned to read tarot cards, and continues to pursue his studies in astrology.
- Its influence was always dreaded in mundane astrology, being unfavourable to the farmer's work.
- On the internet we find thousands of sites dealing with just about every aspect of astrology.
- Real astrology is horary astrology, or divination, and can never be other than divination.
- This is often regarded as the most problematic component of modern astrology.
- In astrology, it is the Moon's association with water that dominates its influence.
- Electional astrology is using astrology to select the best date for an important event.
- Keeping a moon journal is an easy, enjoyable and insightful introduction to astrology.
- She is currently researching the history of astrology and religious thought.
- The planets, signs, houses and aspects are the nuts and bolts of astrology.
- Since then she has studied astrology broadly and now has a wealth of experience to draw on.
- Horary astrology is a technique used to answer specific question by using astrological guidance.
- This book is the best introduction to astrology that I have seen so far.
- There is so much more to astrology than the sun sign and horoscope columns you read in the papers.
- If one believes that astrology can predict death, then one must believe in fate and that we have no free will.
- What is remarkable is that medieval astrology can get such complexity out of only a few techniques.
- He studied alchemy, astrology and the Kaballah as a boy and later became a doctor of medicine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.