In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He received a B.S. degree in aeronautics and astronautics from the University of Notre Dame in 2002.
- Since most of the shuttle system was designed to be reusable, it was supposed to take the astronomical costs out of astronautics.
- The Mars Society was founded in August 1998 at a conference attended by more than 700 people, the prime mover being an engineer, Robert Zubrin, whose ideas have revolutionised Mars astronautics.
- At the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he graduated with highest honors in aeronautics and astronautics as well as in science, technology, and society.
- Flight has a background in aeronautics and astronautics and a good knowledge of all the spacecraft systems and the extensive and complex objectives of the mission.
- It is a non-profit corporation created to stimulate the exchange of ideas and information about rocketry and astronautics and to promote recognition of the nation's achievements in space.
- Hermann Julius Oberth, who was born on June 25, 1894, in the Transylvanian town of Hermannstadt, is considered a founding father of rocketry and astronautics.
- The link between science fiction and the history of astronautics is complex.
- He is also the first astronaut to hold a doctorate in astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- He rejoined the faculty in 1996 and now holds the Charles Stark Draper chair in aeronautics and astronautics.
- Beginning with Salyut VI, Soviet astronautics took a leading position in long-term space flights as well as in international space programs.
- Professions that helped humanity reach the Moon include astronautics, rocketry, space medicine, and space science.
- Named in honor of the first NASA Historian, Eugene Emme, the Emme award was created in 1982 to annually recognize an outstanding book that increases public understanding of the past and potential impact of the field of astronautics.
- This award recognises the extraordinary performance and achievement by teams of scientists, engineers and managers in the field of astronautics.
- He then earned a master of science degree in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.