In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1astrónomo masculineastrónoma feminine
- John Herschel was the son of William Herschel, the astronomer who discovered Uranus.
- We credit the idea that the Earth and other planets orbit the Sun to the medieval Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus.
- Dozens of astronomers came to see the eclipse, but there were thousands and thousands of people outside to watch it.
- Kamalakara was an Indian astronomer and mathematician who came from a family of famous astronomers.
- As time goes by, astronomers have found planets in larger and larger orbits.
- The tools are also helping astronomers measure the rate of birth of stars in extremely red and distant galaxies.
- Here, Hubble astronomers have uncovered, for the first time, a population of infant stars.
- Until 10 years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter the Solar System.
- Most newly discovered comets seem to originate from an area in space known as the Oort cloud, named after Dutch astronomer Jan Oort.
- Titania was discovered in 1787 by the astronomer William Herschel.
- Wilczynski began his research career as a mathematical astronomer.
- These galaxies are so young that astronomers can still see a flurry of stars forming within them.
- The great Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe observed a supernova in 1572.
- This makes it the most distant extrasolar planet detected by astronomers to date.
- The Titan probe was named Huygens in honour of the Dutch astronomer who discovered Titan in 1655.
- Few astronomers have made so many important contributions to so many different fields in astronomy.
- The author was the astronomer Edmond Halley, who is far better known today for having a famous comet named after him.
- To overcome this problem, the astronomers devised a new and highly efficient strategy.
- Galileo wrote to astronomers in other cities and compared their observations with his own.
- A team of international astronomers has found five new moons orbiting Neptune.
- Such tenets never held back the great Arab astronomers and mathematicians of the Middle Ages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.