In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Wool jackets have also been spotted in the same asymmetrical, unbalanced cut as those in suede.
- For naturalistic plantings, lay bulbs out in informal masses with curved borders and asymmetrical shapes.
- At the very top of the structure is an asymmetrical spire.
- Now it's gone all trendy - stone-flagged flooring, high tables and chairs of cast iron, the chairs being in a twirly asymmetrical design.
- We start with a series of drawings on white paper using a dark crayon, teaching symmetrical and asymmetrical patterns.
- Apparently asymmetrical earrings are what all the hip kids are wearing.
- Here, the qualities of moulded mass-produced plastic are used to create an asymmetrical sculptural object of refined beauty.
- The latest trend to jolt the watch industry is see-through straps, asymmetrical dials, and funky colours.
- The older building's square symmetry finds its opposite in the asymmetrical cruciform of the new.
- Humans find symmetrical faces more attractive than asymmetrical faces.
- Designer Malini Ramani, who showcased her collection earlier in the day, also used asymmetrical hemlines.
- This difference used to be attributed to the asymmetrical shape of the human brain.
- You only need to worry about freckles if one gets bumpy or turns into an asymmetrical, weird shape.
- A bug-eyed waiter approached silently to offer me a multi-coloured drink in an asymmetrical glass, reassuring me that it was just a dream.
- But Rieu's tweed suits are asymmetrical and in contrasting bright colours, and her leisure outfits are decorated with a spiky geometrical motif.
- An asymmetrical blouse, a drop-shoulder blouse with bat sleeves and a long skirt with an uneven border were among those displayed.
- Grouping pictures in symmetrical or asymmetrical groupings will always give a stylish look.
- However, asymmetrical patterns often look more exotic than symmetrical ones.
- The new Freedom Tower, its asymmetrical design intended to mirror the nearby Statue of Liberty, will take another five years to complete.
- Dressed in a leather aviator helmet, a long, black asymmetrical skirt and punkish boots, she has a covetable designer scarf wound around her neck.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.