In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Screening asymptomatic women for diabetes or thyroid disease has not proved effective.
- The majority of the patients are asymptomatic and the lesion is diagnosed incidentally on autopsy.
- Increasing evidence shows that many herpes infections are asymptomatic.
- The development of genetic testing for disease has raised the problem of whether to test asymptomatic individuals.
- Long incubation periods and frequent asymptomatic infections, make it difficult to rely on diagnosis.
- Few data are available concerning the clinical value of screening asymptomatic people for dementia.
- Since asymptomatic gall stones and dyspepsia are so common in the general population, they often coexist.
- Treatment should also be considered in asymptomatic patients who may be a source of infection to others.
- Trials are underway to assess the effectiveness of screening asymptomatic men.
- He was asymptomatic, with a clean medical history, and not taking any medication.
- The majority of infected persons are asymptomatic and unaware of their condition.
- Fewer patients were asymptomatic during moderate and strenuous sports activities.
- Until rupture occurs, most abdominal aortic aneurysms are asymptomatic.
- After the first year, patients should be monitored annually even if they are asymptomatic.
- Firstly, testing in asymptomatic patients differs fundamentally from testing in patients with symptoms.
- Most of these infections are asymptomatic until advanced liver disease develops.
- There are many causes of leg pain that can occur in the presence of asymptomatic peripheral vascular disease.
- No studies have evaluated the rate of disease progression in asymptomatic patients.
- Given that this patient is asymptomatic, no intervention is required at the present time.
- His brothers were asymptomatic and had no clinical abnormalities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.