In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ateo masculineatea feminine(leanings/tradition) ateo
- For years we had people utter a religious oath, even when many of them were atheists or agnostics.
- Most agnostics are closer in beliefs to atheists than to theists.
- These methods of proving the existence of God to an atheist may satisfy some, but not all.
- One commenter pointed out there was no category for atheists or agnostics.
- Most of my college professors and intellectual mentors were devout atheists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.