In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pie de atleta masculinehongos masculine informal
- The most common fungal infection is athlete's foot.
- With their wet, bare feet, swimmers are more likely to come down with athlete's foot than other athletes, especially during the hot, summer months.
- One of the most common diseases lurking in gyms is tinea pedis or athlete's foot.
- It can be used for ailments ranging from athlete's foot to food poisoning.
- Don't forget your flip-flops when walking in locker rooms; they'll help protect you from fungal infections that cause athlete's foot.
- Human fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, can be treated by fungicides normally referred to as antifungal agents or antimycotics.
- Dermatologists sometimes suggest using antiperspirant on the feet against foot odor and athlete's foot.
- He had suffered with periodic flare-ups of toenail fungus and athlete's foot for most of his life.
- If the skin between your toes is itchy and cracked, you may have athlete's foot.
- You may be able to rid yourself of nail fungus, foot odor and athlete's foot by soaking your feet in a dilute vinegar solution (one part vinegar to two parts water).
- Synthetics like nylon, plastic, and rubber don't allow the sweat to escape properly and increase the chances of athlete's foot and toenail problems.
- Two common fungal infections include athlete's foot and yeast infections.
- What's the best thing for athlete's foot and thick nails?
- Tinea pedis, generally known as athlete's foot, is a fungal infection of the skin of the foot.
- Some dermatologists recommend applying antiperspirant to the feet to prevent foot odor and athlete's foot.
- Shoes provide a perfect environment for the fungus that causes athlete's foot or thick brown misshapen toenails.
- Aztecs in Mexico believed urine, when applied topically, could cure toothaches, athlete's foot, psoriasis, and dry skin.
- The infection isn't the same as athlete's foot, which primarily affects the skin of the feet.
- Toenail infections are commonly linked with athlete's foot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.