In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His primary research areas include both atmospheric science and climate research.
- The USA exploded 66 atmospheric test weapons on Bikini and Enewetak Islands.
- An event of this kind would create a huge crater, send out shock waves, and create tremendous atmospheric disturbance.
- Oceans are playing a very vital role in maintaining the atmospheric balance of the earth.
- Exposure to industrial or atmospheric pollution may also cause asthma symptoms.
- City buildings suffer excessive weathering because of atmospheric pollution.
- The process of photosynthesis maintains atmospheric supplies of oxygen, essential for animal life on earth.
- He also says the development would lead to more noise and atmospheric pollution.
- The early scarcity of dissolved sulfates and atmospheric oxygen has big implications.
- The number of days when she could smell an odour would depend on atmospheric conditions and wind direction.
- This heralded a new age in the understanding of atmospheric science, and many new discoveries were soon made.
- The main advantage of nuclear power plants is that they do not cause atmospheric pollution.
- It is a widely distributed contaminant in atmospheric environment.
- We cannot tell if global warming is occurring as a result of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide.
- Rapid changes in atmospheric circulation cause storms, cold spells, or heat waves that play out over several days.
- The movement of the clouds is accelerated by atmospheric temperature and other environmental factors.
- Air pressure is an important factor which affects the resulting atmospheric climate conditions.
- Why should we contribute to more atmospheric pollution when it is simply not necessary?
- This is thought to be because of the much higher atmospheric pressures on Venus and because of the lack of water.
- Peatlands are important ecosystems with regard to atmospheric greenhouse gas composition.
- But the rotating blades might only be visible in certain atmospheric conditions.
- But we simply do not know how the Earth will respond to increasing atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide.
- In favourable atmospheric conditions it was reported to be heard ten or 12 miles away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.