1bomba atómica feminine
- There were no explosives or incendiaries within the rods; the sheer kinetic force of the rod falling and hitting the target had the explosive effect of an atom bomb.
- That October, he formally exposed the military's secret plan to develop an atom bomb.
- Conversion is the first step in making enriched uranium that can be nuclear reactor fuel or atom bomb material.
- Bruno, a protégé of Enrico Fermi, was a world-class physicist whose work contributed to the making of the atom bomb.
- He recalled, almost apologetically, how beautiful the atom bomb was, marveling at how every color imaginable burst forth upon detonation.
- Now and then, historic images are etched in the mass mind: the awesome mushroom cloud of the atom bomb will forever represent the specter of nuclear destruction.
- The FBI noted Einstein's fervent opposition to the dropping of the atom bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- For example, any discovery, whether it be the wheel, the printing press, or the atom bomb, cannot be neatly labeled and filed away in the pages of an encyclopaedia.
- The most fearsome new weapon of all - the atom bomb - was fortunately never available to Hitler.
- An atom bomb just 10 yards from a detector would generate a gravity wave signal a billion trillion times weaker than the one you could detect from a distant supernova exploding in our galaxy.
- Like his fellow scientists, Teller initially saw the atom bomb not as a weapon but as a deterrent.
- The Japanese surrendered after the United States used a powerful new weapon, the atom bomb.
- The blast was 600 times as violent as the Hiroshima atom bomb and shot a nuclear cloud more than 17 miles high into the air.
- The simple atom bomb owed its explosive power to the energy released by nuclear fission, or fusion.
- In 1939 he wrote to President Roosevelt about the military potential of nuclear energy, greatly influencing the decision to build an atom bomb.
- It is also the anniversary of the dropping of the first atom bomb on Hiroshima, to be followed by the bomb for Nagasaki.
- In 1943 he went to the United States to work on the development of the atom bomb at Los Alamos.
- Britain developed its own atom bomb to remain a great power and avoid complete dependence on the United States, which was refusing to share atomic information.
- As early as Truman, who refrained from using the atom bomb in Korea, the Americans realised the use of nuclear weapons was too awful to contemplate.
- In order to have written this historical play, which deals indirectly with the dropping of the atom bomb on Hiroshima, Frayn had to have a pretty fair understanding of quantum physics.
- The physicist Joseph Rotblat was the only scientist to leave the project that developed the atom bomb, the Manhattan Project, for reasons of personal conscience.