In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1número atómico masculine
- When you move down the periodic table, as the atomic numbers increase, the elements become rarer.
- In a neutral atom, the number of electrons is equal to the number of protons, therefore, the atomic number also indicates the number of electrons in an atom.
- The higher the atomic number, the more shells and electrons an atom will have.
- The existence of an element with an atomic number of 21 was predicted in 1869 by Dmitri Mendeleev.
- In those cases in which the number of protons changes, the new nucleus has a different atomic number, and it therefore belongs to a different element.
- We now have data on the properties of 29 new nuclei with atomic numbers between 104 and 118.
- There, elements are arranged according to their atomic number - the number of protons in the nuclei.
- Heavy metals are metallic elements that have a high atomic number and are poisonous to living organisms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.