1peso atómico masculine
- Atoms of an element that have the same atomic number but a different atomic weight are referred to as isotopes.
- It has an atomic number of 101 and an approximate atomic weight of 258.
- Finding that the isotopes of neon have atomic weights that are whole numbers vindicated Prout's hypothesis that hydrogen was the basis for all the elements.
- The sum of the atomic mass of the protons and neutrons determines the atomic mass or atomic weight of the nucleus.
- In general the molecular weight of a molecule is the sum of the atomic weights of its constituent atoms.
- Hydrogen is the lightest element, so it provides a convenient unit for measuring the relative atomic weights of the other elements.