In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peso atómico masculine
- Atoms of an element that have the same atomic number but a different atomic weight are referred to as isotopes.
- It has an atomic number of 101 and an approximate atomic weight of 258.
- Finding that the isotopes of neon have atomic weights that are whole numbers vindicated Prout's hypothesis that hydrogen was the basis for all the elements.
- The sum of the atomic mass of the protons and neutrons determines the atomic mass or atomic weight of the nucleus.
- In general the molecular weight of a molecule is the sum of the atomic weights of its constituent atoms.
- Hydrogen is the lightest element, so it provides a convenient unit for measuring the relative atomic weights of the other elements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.